President & Executive Director
Laurin often says she did not pick prison; prison picked her. It was the unexpected incarceration of her mother for a first-time, nonviolent, white-collar indictment, which motivated her to craft a social entrepreneurial career as a millennial woman of color. As the Executive Director, Laurin Hodge oversees the day-to-day development of the organization and serves as the vision keeper for shifting policies, programs, practices and ultimately the allocation of resources. Mission: Launch envisions the elimination of the lasting harm caused by our criminal justice system, which requires a robust approach of leveraging technology and innovation as well as restoring self-sufficiency through inclusive entrepreneurship.
Laurin is honored when she is invited to walk the reentry journey with women and men who are rebuilding their lives.
- Educational Background & Community Affiliations:
- The Johns Hopkins University | Masters of Science, Information
- Systems (expected graduation, 2017)
- Opportunity Collaboration, 2016 Delegate
- Nominee, The White House United State of Women Summit, 2016
- Aspen Institute & American Express Emerging Nonprofit Leader, 2015
- Caux Scholar, 2014
- Ashoka & American Express North American Emerging Social Innovators, 2014
- StartingBloc LA 2013
- The Johns Hopkins University | Certified, Competitive Intelligence 2011
- The Johns Hopkins University | Certified, Leadership Development 2010
- Program for Minority Managers
- Old Dominion University | Bachelors of Science, Sociology, 2007